Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Getting started with Yeoman

In my previous post I installed NodeJS on my ubuntu machine. Now let's see what I can do with this ..

How about playing around with Yeoman ? I've heard it on several podcasts so it's about time I tried it out. Now that I installed Node - there's a whole bunch of coole new stuff I can discover.

So let's get it first:

sudo npm install -g yo

That get's me Yeoman! so that's cool. Now let's get a generator:

sudo npm install -g generator-webapp

The -g option makes installs the package as a global package.
That's it! My ubuntu has the LAMP stack installed, so I just created a folder in /www and ran

yo webapp

Yeoman pulls everything down and sets up a complete web application with test suite and everything.



Let's head over to localhost/www/yeoman/app:




and /test:

No comments:

Post a Comment